A Journal is a regular periodical publication, published say monthly or bi-monthly, containing a collection of peer reviewed papers. The Journal may be National or International. The Journal Must have an ISSN. According to wiki an academic or scholarly journal is a periodical publication in which scholarship relating to a particular academic discipline is published. Academic journals serve as permanent and transparent forums for the presentation, scrutiny and discussion of research. They are usually peer-reviewed or refereed. Content typically takes the form of articles presenting original research, review articles, and book reviews.
Academic journals are periodicals in which researchers publish their findings, mostly the recent ones. Academic journals are typically peer-reviewed journals that publish theoretical discussions and articles that critically review already published work. Academic journals serve as an important forum for researchers and academicians from where they can access important information about recent developments in their field. These journals are the first choice for any in-depth examination of an issue related to science. Science as we know is scarcely imaginable without the academic journal. Academic Journals fall under the academic category as they strictly adhere to peer-review process and follow the format by publishing mostly the original work. Academic journals publish periodically and contain a series of articles in each published issue.
The purpose of an academic journal, according to the first editor of the world's oldest academic journal Henry Oldenburg, is to give researchers a venue to "impart their knowledge to one another, and contribute what they can to the Grand design of improving natural knowledge, and perfecting all Philosophical Arts, and Sciences."
While the terms "Academic" and "Scholarly" can often be interchanged,
· Academic Journals: EBSCO defines academic journals as journals that publish articles which carry footnotes and bibliographies, and whose intended audience is comprised of some kind of research community.
· Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals: Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals are journals that are intended for an academic audience and are peer-reviewed.
An Academic conference/International Conference or symposium is a conference for researchers (not necessarily academics) to present and discuss their work. Together with academic or scientific journals, conferences provide an important channel for exchange of information between researchers. Conferences are usually composed of various presentations. They tend to be short and concise, with a time span of about 10 to 30 minutes; presentations are usually followed by a discussion. The work may be bundled in written form as academic papers and published as the conference proceedings.
Usually a conference will include keynote speakers (often, scholars of some standing, but sometimes individuals from outside academia). The keynote lecture is often longer, lasting sometimes up to an hour and a half, particularly if there are several keynote speakers on a panel.
In academia, proceedings are the collection of academic papers published in the context of an academic conference. They are usually distributed as printed volumes or in electronic form either before the conference opens or after it has closed. Proceedings contain the contributions made by researchers at the conference. They are the written record of the work that is presented to fellow researchers and they are considered as grey literature.
The quality of the papers is typically ensured by having external people read the papers before they are accepted in the proceedings. All Conference proceeding have an ISBN number.
You find the Benefits of attending International Conference from our previous topic
1. The paper which is published in the Conference proceeding may be published in any one of the international Journal. It depends upon the Conference organizing board to finalize the paper for the journal for the further review process.
2. The Review process for journal takes several days or in some cases several months. However most of the Journal publishers has the complete rights to select or reject any paper
3. Both Conference and Journal publication are important however it gives more value if thepaper gets published in any of the International Journal.